Delivering real, measurable results
I have more than 20 years communications experience, gained both from a range of leading PR agencies and in-house. I have worked for agencies such as Burson-Marsteller, Weber Shandwick as well as former Sun editor, Stuart Higgins. Within these companies, I managed a large portfolio of clients gaining experience in a range of sectors. I also spent six years working in-house for a charity.
My previous work ranged from developing positioning statements around obesity to generating media coverage via celebrity roadshows.
Career highlights include:
- Managing the corporate profile of Walkers through the UK’s obesity crisis.
- Developing a communications strategy for charity Scotscare which saw applications for potential beneficiaries rise by 50%.
- Establishing a social media campaign that saw ScotCare’s supporters increase by 100%.
- Implementing a communications plan which saw fundraising double for one charity.
- Organising a party for people with the surnames Cheese and Onion to celebrate the anniversary of Walker’s Cheese and onion.
- Placing over 200 radio interviews for Dr Dunk. Dr Dunk, a (fictional) leading expert in dunking matters who helped celebrate McVitie’s national Dunking Day.
- Traveling the UK with Mr Motivator to raise the profile of McVitie’s Go Ahead!
- Sweeping the awards boards with the campaign devised and implemented for Jim Beam Brands.
- Generating over 200 pieces of coverage for Piper’s Heidsieck’s association with Louboutin.
- Putting Unilever’s CEO on the front page of the FT and equivalent European publications.
- Managing numerous new product launches and relaunches for McVities, Muller, Douwe Egberts, Ford.